GGHS: GRADUATION INFORMATION
Dear Argo Families,
Congratulations on your Class of 2021 Graduate!
Garden Grove High school is excited to host in-person graduation ceremonies to celebrate the momentous accomplishments of the Class of 2021. Due to state and county health guidance for large gatherings, each graduate may only invite 3 guests to attend.
In order to foster a safe ceremony environment following California Department of Public Health guidelines, see Graduation Ceremony Details below for additional information regarding in-person ceremony safety measures and expectations.
Live Streaming will be available to ensure that those who cannot attend in-person due to capacity limitations can watch the ceremony live from their computer or mobile device.
Watch LIVE STREAM Here:
CLASS OF 2021 Graduation Ceremony
Date: Tuesday, June 8, 2021
Time: 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Location: Michael A. Monsoor Memorial Stadium
GRADUATION CEREMONY DETAILS:
In order to foster a safe ceremony environment following California Department of Public Health guidelines, the follow health and safety protocols will be strictly enforced.
- Attendance is limited to school staff, student and 3 guests. Children of all ages need tickets. In order to comply with the capacity limits for outdoor venues in the State of California, we are permitted to issue only three tickets per graduate, no exceptions. All guests entering the venues must have a registered ticket.
- Attendees must register with the QR code located on the graduation ticket prior to graduation AND have your ticket in hand to enter in order to attend the graduation ceremony. Families/households are encouraged to carpool and must check in as a group.
- ITEMS NOT ALLOWED: No food, drinks, horns, balloons, umbrellas, or other visual obstructions allowed in the stadium.
- GGHS will implement a “Clear Bag Policy,” this limits the size of bags entering the arena and requires guest(s) bags to be clear to streamline the security screening process and avoid unnecessary wait times to enter the stadium. Exceptions will be made for medical bags or small clutches no larger than 4.5”x 6.5”.
- Each guest can bring one 12oz bottle of water, but must adhere to mask policy at all times when not drinking the water bottle.
- All in attendance must wear a mask as per CDPH Face Coverings Guidance and maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from other attendee groups.
- All graduates, staff and guests will have temperatures checked at the entrances. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed to attend.
- If you or anybody in your party are feeling ill, have symptoms of COVID-19, or have potentially been exposed to someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19, you must not attend the ceremony.
- If you are in isolation or quarantine, you must not attend the ceremony.
- Staff will enforce face-covering compliance throughout the event.
- Families/households are encouraged to carpool and must check in as group
- Orderly arrival and exiting of all attendees will be required in a manner that encourages social distancing.
- Upon entering the bleachers, family/household guests will be directed as a group to an available seating area.
- The venue will be cleaned and disinfected prior to and after the event.
- Restrooms will have limited capacity.
- Food or drink concessions will not be available.
- Drinking fountains will not be available.
Garden Grove Unified School District Information