GARDEN GROVE HIGH SCHOOLBulletin forFriday, May 25, 2018
• There will be no school on Monday, May 28th
in observance of the Memorial Day holiday. School will resume on Tuesday
, May 29th.
• Parents, we’re looking for volunteers to help with the Senior Luncheon
. We’re looking for 10-15 volunteers that are available to help June 13th from 11:00am – 12:30pm. If you’re available please email Ms. Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Junior and Senior Prom is Saturday, June 2nd from 7:00pm – 11:00pm at the Coto Valley Country Club
. The prom theme is “The Grand Cotillion”. Tickets will go on sale Friday, May 11th. Ticket prices are as follows: May 21st – May 25th Super Argo and ASB card $82 and regular ID/guest $85. The last day to buy tickets is Tuesday, May 29th Super Argo and ASB card $90 and regular ID/guest $95. Tickets are sold in the Bookstore during lunch only. Permission slips are available in room 613 or in the main office.
• ASB is selling t-shirts for $12.00, visors for $15.00. and hoodies for $40.00
All items will come in red, black, and white. If interested, stop by the ASB room, 613 during lunch.
• GGHS students, did you know that you can earn incentive tickets for prizes
for showing positive and helpful behavior? All GGHS teachers have incentive tickets that they can give you for being an advocate for others, respectful to your peers, goal oriented student, someone who takes ownership of their actions, or a person who values self-worth! Turn in your raffle tickets to the attendance office to win a prize! Winners will be announced on Fridays during 4th period announcements.
• Garden Grove Students, Stay Safe and Speak Up! If you witness any type of bullying, vandalism, weapons, or violence on campus, you can confidentially report the incident immediately via text to 657-206-6173. The reporting line is also posted on campus and in your classrooms. The reporting line is confidential and all texts will be reviewed by an Administrator.
• GGHS is selling commemorative bricks
. Bricks will be laid outside of Heritage Hall. The first bricks purchased will be placed at the foot of the stairs of our Heritage Hall which houses decades of GGHS memorabilia. You can find the order form on our website gghs.us and click on the brick icon on the top left corner of the page. This would be a great gift for a senior or a current or Alumni student.
• We encourage students to come to school prepared each day. However, if they forget an ACADEMIC item for one of their classes it may be dropped off in the Attendance Office by a family member. Please make sure the item is labeled with the student’s first and last name. Please make the student aware that they need to pick up the item during break, lunch, or in between classes. This policy is also noted on Page 6 in the Student Planner.
A MESSAGE FROM YOUR COUNSELOR
• Seniors, If you would like to apply for the $1,000.00 Justin Valdez Scholarship
the application information is posted in your google classroom. Applications are due to Mr. Henninger in room 323 by May 29th.
• Seniors, we want to know about your scholarships
! Please bring a copy of any scholarships you have been awarded to the Guidance Office by May 31st. Scholarships can be those awarded from the college that you will be attending, as well as any outside scholarships that you have received.
• The class of 2018 will be graduating on Thursday, June 14th at 1:30 pm
in The Garden Grove High School’s Michael A. Monsoor Stadium. Graduation admittance is by ticket only.
• Register for the ACT
online at www.actstudent.org.
The late deadline to register for the July 14th ACT is June 22nd.
• Work permits
- Federal and State Law requires minors between the ages of 14 and 18 to have a work permit to be employed. Please stop by the Guidance office for more information and to obtain an application for a work permit.
• Attention Seniors! Please turn in all copies of your College Acceptance letters to the Guidance Office
. Principal Osborne needs the information for our school. This includes Community College as well as 4 year Universities and Trade/Technical schools. He will be highlighting your accomplishments at Graduation!
• All students are encouraged to visit our guidance page on our Garden Grove High School website www.gghs.us.
We have information on available scholarships and how to apply. If you have any questions see the Guidance Office.
Garden Grove Unified School District would like to continue connecting with you via email. If you prefer to be removed from our list, please contact Garden Grove Unified School District directly. To stop receiving all email messages distributed through our SchoolMessenger service, follow this link and confirm: https://go.schoolmessenger.com/#/unsubscribe/4225/