GARDEN GROVE HIGH SCHOOL
Monday, October 16, 2017
• School Site Council (SSC) is a board that includes staff, parents and teachers for planning, monitoring, evaluating and modifying school procedures. SSC has input in the school site plan and where the school spends part of the budget used for student/school improvement, and school administration value our parents comments. We are needing 4-5 parent/guardian volunteers to be on Garden Grove High’s School Site Council. If you are interested, please reply either by email, or by calling GGHS at 714-663-6115. Thank you again for your continued support.
• Homecoming is this Saturday, October 21st from 7:00pm – 10:00 pm here at GGHS. The theme is “City of Stars” based off La La Land. Dress attire is semi-formal (not prom formal). Tickets are free with a Super Argo card, $15 with an ASB card. Freshman w/o Super Argo or ASB $10 and Regular/guest priced tickets are $18. Students only may be their ticket at the door.
• It’s Homecoming Week Argos! We will be having spirit dress up days this week.
• Monday (10/16) - Senior Citizen Day: Dress up like a senior citizen
• Tuesday (10/17) - Decades Day: Dress from the 50s, 60s or 70s
• Wednesday (10/18) - MEME Day: Dress up as your favorite Meme
• Thursday (10/19) - Fashion Disaster Day: Dress in mismatched clothing, overall ugly
• Friday (10/20) - Class Colors: In the past, I remember the staff color was black.
• Girls soccer tryouts will be October 16th – October 20th. Make sure you get cleared by Athletics prior to trying out. You can download the physical form from our website www.gghs.us under athletics and you will also need to register at www.athleticclerance.com
• Argos, University of San Diego will be here at lunch on Tuesday. USC will be on campus on Wednesday, and on Thursday Concordia will be here. If you’re interested in hearing these presentations sign up in the guidance office.
• GGHS students, did you know that you can earn incentive tickets for prizes for showing positive and helpful behavior? All GGHS teachers have incentive tickets that they can give you for being an advocate for others, respectful to your peers, goal oriented student, someone who takes ownership of their actions, or a person who values self-worth! Turn in your raffle tickets to the front office to win a prize! Winners will be announced
• Garden Grove Students, Stay Safe and Speak Up! If you witness any type of bullying, vandalism, weapons, or violence on campus, you can confidentially report the incident immediately via text to 657-206-6173. The reporting line is also posted on campus and in your classrooms. The reporting line is confidential and all texts will be reviewed by an administrator.
• If you’re interested in the upcoming events at the Garden Grove Regional Library or if you’re interested in volunteering you may pick up a flyer or registration form in the main office.
• GGHS is selling commemorative bricks. Bricks will be laid outside of Heritage Hall. The first bricks purchased will be placed at the foot of the stairs of our Heritage Hall which houses decades of GGHS memorabilia. You can find the order form on our website gghs.us and click on the brick icon on the top left corner of the page. This would be a great gift for a senior or a current or Alumni student.
• Students who drive to school must park in the student parking lot or they may park at The First Baptist Church across Euclid. Also all students must have a GGHS parking permit from the attendance office. Please do not park at the Garden Grove Regional Library.
• The class of 2018 needs to build up their Graduation Night Committee. Parents if you’re interested in planning your students’ senior grad night please contact Leeann at email@example.com.
• We encourage students to come to school prepared each day. However, if they forget an ACADEMIC item for one of their classes it may be dropped off in the Attendance Office by a family member. Please make sure the item is labeled with the student’s first and last name. Please make the student aware that they need to pick up the item during break, lunch, or in between classes. This policy is also noted on Page 6 in the Student Planner.
Garden Grove Unified School District would like to continue connecting with you via email. If you prefer to be removed from our list, please contact Garden Grove Unified School District directly. To stop receiving all email messages distributed through our SchoolMessenger service, follow this link and confirm: https://asp.schoolmessenger.com/ggusd/unsubscribeemail.php?s=