• Congratulations to our March Students of the Month. Great job Argos!
9th grade students – Kyle Swann and Isabel Viveros
10th grade students – Anthony Sebbo and Danielle Boggis
11th grade students – Matthew Alonzo and Jenna Nguyen
12th grade students – Jeremias Ferro and Jessica Zamudio
• The teacher lip sync concert is this evening at 7 pm in the North Gym. You won’t want to miss this! Ticket prices are: $3.00 for Super Argo, $4.00 for ASB, $5.00 for regular priced tickets, and $7.00 at the door. Get your ticket from any ASB member.
• This week is custodial staff appreciation week! Show your appreciation for our custodians by coming into the quad during lunch to write a quick thank you note and take a picture with the back drop and enter it in the Instagram photo contest with the hashtag “gghscustodial love” for a prize. Remember to pick up after yourself and say hi to our custodians this week!
• Students who use the Library to print, there will be limited availability during the two weeks of AP testing. AP testing is May 1st – May 12th. There will be 10 printers available from 7:00 -7:15 am only and after 1pm on 5/3, 5/4, 5/9, and 5/12. Room 301 is also an option.
• We are taking presales on GGHS tank tops through May 10th. Tank tops are $13.00 and will come in gray and white. You can purchase one from any ASB member or at lunch in the ASB room, 613.
• AP testing is just around the corner, but don’t stress out Choir will be selling testing survival grams in the quad at lunch from now until AP testing is over. Grams are $3.00 and will include a mason jar, instant coffee, candy, stickers, and a pencil. Buy one for you or a friend.
• Scott graduation will be here for ring orders and deliveries on Friday at break in front of the bookstore.
• Seniors, Friday is the last day to apply for the GGHS Alumni Association 2017 scholarship program. They are offering $2,500 in scholarship money. Seniors with a 2.5 GPA and who will be going to a 2 year for 4 year college may apply. For more information please visit gghsalumni.org/scholarships. Applications are due by 4 pm.
• The Employment Development Department invites you to a summer youth job fair on Saturday, April 29th from 9:00am – 12:30 pm at the Santa Ana Regional Transportation Center. Flyers are available in the Guidance Office.
• Seniors, it’s not too late to order your cap, gown, tassel, and graduation products. To order your products please visit www.scottgraduation.com or you may call them at (949) 574-7444.
• GGHS is selling commemorative bricks. Bricks will be laid outside of Heritage Hall. The first bricks purchased will be placed at the foot of the stairs of our Heritage Hall which houses decades of GGHS memorabilia. We will unveil the bricks and our new stadium at the beginning of our next school year. You can find the order form on our website gghs.us and click on the brick icon on the top left corner of the page. Orders are due by June 20th. This would be a great gift for a senior or a current or Alumni student.
• Students who drive to school must park in the student parking lot or they may park at The First Baptist Church across Euclid. Also all students must have a GGHS parking permit from the attendance office. Please do not park at the Garden Grove Regional Library.
• The class of 2018 needs to build up their Graduation Night Committee. Parents if you’re interested in planning your students’ senior grad night please contact Leeann at email@example.com.
• Argos, if you need community service hours our Sister City Association is looking for volunteers to help cheer on runners at this year’s 5K Strawberry Festival run. The run is the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. For details or to sign up see Mrs. Voeller in room 611. The more supporters cheering on the runners, the more fun the race is!
• Garden Grove Community Foundation presents the 6th Annual THE VOICE of Garden Grove at the free summer concert series. You could win a $500 cash prize. Local high school students are invited to compete every Thursday from July 13th – August 10th. If you’re interested or for more information call 714-741-5280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31st.
• GGHS Alumni Association is hosting their 20th Annual All Class Reunion and Picnic June 10th from 11:00 am – 3pm here at GGHS. The theme is “Red and White Forever” in honor of GGHS’s official school colors. This event is the Alumni’s main fundraisier so we hope you can help in monetary donations or merchandise contributions from Argos and our community as they will be having a raffle at the picnic. For more information visit gghsalumni.org//acrpodonate.
• Argos, our scholarship webpage is continually being updated. To view available scholarships visit gghs.us under the scholarship tab. Some of the offered scholarships are available to all grade levels.
• We encourage students to come to school prepared each day. However, if they forget an ACADEMIC item for one of their classes it may be dropped off in the Attendance Office by a family member. Please make sure the item is labeled with the student’s first and last name. Please make the student aware that they need to pick up the item during break, lunch, or in between classes. This policy is also noted on Page 6 in the Student Planner.