GARDEN GROVE HIGH SCHOOL
Monday, March 27, 2017
• Hey Argos! It’s International Spirit Week! Themed dress days are as follows: Monday is Patriotic Day, Wear red, white, and blue. Traveler Tuesday, Around the world Wednesday, Polynesian Thursday, and RED OUT FRIDAY!
• Argos, Sadie permission slips are now available in front of the Bookstore and ASB room. Tickets will go on sale Monday morning. Remember to bring your ID card.
• Make a wish will be selling wish week t-shirts and long sleeves in the quad this week and next week. T-shirts are $10 and long sleeves are $13.
• Hey Argos, don’t forget to participate in the annual Pennies for Patients drive! All donations we receive will assist Leukemia and Lymphoma patients. The home room that donates the most money will win a pasta party from Olive Garden. The penny drive will end March 29th. (checks and cash are accepted)
• Seniors, if you ordered Senior remembrance items Scott Graduation will be here Wednesday, March 29th and will be delivering them at lunch(cap and gowns will be delivered at a later date). If you would like to order a class ring he will also be taking those orders. Ordering packets are available in the Bookstore.
• The 2017 Grad Night committee will be having a parent meeting Thursday, March 30th at 7pm in room P21. Please park in the student parking lot for entry into where our brown portable classrooms are.
• Seniors if you have applied to Golden West, OCC, or Santa Ana these schools will be on campus to give the placement test in April. You must have your college ID number to sign-up in the Guidance Office. First come, first serve. You have until March 31st.
• Our semiannual Red Cross blood drive is March 30th and 31st. Sign up today at lunch. We will have a table set up underneath the digital clock in the quad. Remember to bring your ID with you. Also, this year all students regardless of age to have to have a parent sign your permission slip before you donate.
• Argos, if you’re donating blood you can save some time the day of the blood drive by registering beforehand at redcrossblood.org/rapidpass
• The class of 2018 needs to build up their Graduation Night Committee. Parents if you’re interested in planning your students senior grad night please contact Leeann at email@example.com
• Argos, if you need community service hours our Sister City Association is looking for volunteers to help cheer on runners at this year’s 5K Strawberry Festival run. The run is the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. For details or to sign up see Mrs. Voeller in room 611. The more supporters cheering on the runners, the more fun the race is!
• Seniors, 2017 grad night will be at Disneyland June 17, 2017. The price is $120.00 February 11th through March 31st. The price will go up to $135 April 1st. Return your permission slip and payment in an envelope to the main office.
• 2017 Ninth Circuit Civics Contest is a cash prize contest open to all high school students. Essay and video entries will be accepted February 1st through April 16th. The topic of the contest is “Consider and describe the relevance of the Japanese interment today as our nation combats terrorism”. For rules and submission information visit www.ca9.uscourts.gov/civicscontest
• Argos, our scholarship webpage is continually being updated. To view available scholarships visit gghs.us under the scholarship tab. Some of the offered scholarships are available to all grade levels.
• We encourage students to come to school prepared each day. However, if they forget an ACADEMIC item for one of their classes it may be dropped off in the Attendance Office by a family member. Please make sure the item is labeled with the student’s first and last name. Please make the student aware that they need to pick up the item during break, lunch, or in between classes. This policy is also noted on Page 6 in the Student Planner.