GARDEN GROVE HIGH SCHOOLBulletin forFriday, December 15, 2017
• We’re celebrating “12 Days of ARGOS
”! We will be pulling Argo Cash every day until Winter Break. All you have to do is earn Argo Cash by being an advocate, be respectful, goal oriented, taking ownership of your actions, and possessing self-worth. Turn in your Argo Cash to one of the 12 boxes that are located in the attendance office. You will have a chance to win a football, Sherpa blanket, Chromebook and much more!
• Project Angel Tree is here! The Toy Drive runs through December 20th
. Please bring your new and unused unwrapped toy for a child between the ages of 0 to 18 to your 4th period Homeroom. Your gifts will be presented to children from families in need throughout our community.
• Winter Recess will be December 25th – January 05th. School will resume on Monday, January 08, 2018.
• GGHS students, did you know that you can earn incentive tickets for prizes
for showing positive and helpful behavior? All GGHS teachers have incentive tickets that they can give you for being an advocate for others, respectful to your peers, goal oriented student, someone who takes ownership of their actions, or a person who values self-worth! Turn in your raffle tickets to the front office to win a prize! Winners will be announced on Fridays during 4th period announcements.
• Garden Grove Students, Stay Safe and Speak Up!
If you witness any type of bullying, vandalism, weapons, or violence on campus, you can confidentially report the incident immediately via text to 657-206-6173. The reporting line is also posted on campus and in your classrooms. The reporting line is confidential and all texts will be reviewed by an Administrator.
• GGHS is selling commemorative bricks.
Bricks will be laid outside of Heritage Hall. The first bricks purchased will be placed at the foot of the stairs of our Heritage Hall which houses decades of GGHS memorabilia. You can find the order form on our website gghs.us and click on the brick icon on the top left corner of the page. This would be a great gift for a senior or a current or Alumni student.
• Students who drive to school must park in the student parking lot or they may park at The First Baptist Church across Euclid. Also all students must have a GGHS parking permit from the attendance office. Please do not park at the Garden Grove Regional Library.
• The class of 2018 needs to build up their Graduation Night Committee. Parents if you’re interested in planning your students’ senior grad night please contact Leeann at email@example.com.
• We encourage students to come to school prepared each day. However, if they forget an ACADEMIC item for one of their classes it may be dropped off in the Attendance Office by a family member. Please make sure the item is labeled with the student’s first and last name. Please make the student aware that they need to pick up the item during break, lunch, or in between classes. This policy is also noted on Page 6 in the Student Planner.
Garden Grove Unified School District would like to continue connecting with you via email. If you prefer to be removed from our list, please contact Garden Grove Unified School District directly. To stop receiving all email messages distributed through our SchoolMessenger service, follow this link and confirm: https://go.schoolmessenger.com/#/unsubscribe/4225/