GARDEN GROVE HIGH SCHOOLBulletin forMonday, March 19, 2018
• Seniors, Friday is the last day to purchase your grad nite ticket
. Grad nite is May 12th at Disneyland’s California Adventure. Permission slips are available to pick up in the main office. Tickets are $99.00 CASH ONLY. Please return your permission slip and payment into the main office. See permission slip for specific details or call the main office if you have questions.
• The American Red Cross is hosting the last semi-annual blood drive
for this school year. It will be in our school Library March 29th and March 30th. You must be 16 years old to donate blood. You can sign up in the quad at lunch until March 28th.
• Argonauts! Are you an independent thinker? Someone who cares about real world issues and looking for a class where you can showcase your curiosity and passion for learning. If so, AP Capstone
is looking for you! Garden Grove High School’s AP Capstone is accepting applications for its 208-2019 Scholars Cohort until March 30th. Pick up an application in room 313 or in the counseling office. AP Capstone is a College Board program that quips students with the independent research, collaborative teamwork, and communication skills that are increasingly valued by colleges and the 21st century workplace. It cultivates curious, independent, and collaborative scholars and prepares them to make logical, evidence based decisions. In the AP Capstone program, you are not simply learning to pass a test, you are picking up the skills required to explore topics YOU care about and to clearly showcase your intellectual capacity through writing and speaking.
• GGHS students, did you know that you can earn incentive tickets for prizes
for showing positive and helpful behavior? All GGHS teachers have incentive tickets that they can give you for being an advocate for others, respectful to your peers, goal oriented student, someone who takes ownership of their actions, or a person who values self-worth! Turn in your raffle tickets to the attendance office to win a prize! Winners will be announced on Fridays during 4th period announcements.
• Garden Grove Students, Stay Safe and Speak Up!
If you witness any type of bullying, vandalism, weapons, or violence on campus, you can confidentially report the incident immediately via text to 657-206-6173. The reporting line is also posted on campus and in your classrooms. The reporting line is confidential and all texts will be reviewed by an Administrator.
• GGHS is selling commemorative bricks
. Bricks will be laid outside of Heritage Hall. The first bricks purchased will be placed at the foot of the stairs of our Heritage Hall which houses decades of GGHS memorabilia. You can find the order form on our website gghs.us and click on the brick icon on the top left corner of the page. This would be a great gift for a senior or a current or Alumni student.
• We encourage students to come to school prepared each day. However, if they forget an ACADEMIC item for one of their classes it may be dropped off in the Attendance Office by a family member. Please make sure the item is labeled with the student’s first and last name. Please make the student aware that they need to pick up the item during break, lunch, or in between classes. This policy is also noted on Page 6 in the Student Planner.
A MESSAGE FROM YOUR COUNSELOR
• Golden West will be here Tuesday, March 20th during lunch to help seniors with their application
• If you are planning on attending OCC and plan to transfer to a 4 year University, come sign up in the guidance office to hear about their transfer opportunity program, TOP. They will be on our campus this Thursday, March 22nd
• Junior Night will be Monday, March 26th at 6:30 pm in the North Gym
. The evening will focus on college preparation and planning for senior year college admissions. GGHS will have numerous college presenters from the Regional Association of Counselors of California.
• Seniors, if you are planning to apply to a Community College, applications are open
. You can apply through each school’s website. If you need assistance come to the college center, room 301. Remember we are hosting Golden West College and OCC’s placement test on March 27th and March 28th. You must have received your college ID# that begins with a C in order to sign up to take the exam. Sign up in the guidance office.
• Seniors, Garden Grove High School Alumni Association is now accepting applications for their scholarships
. For information on their scholarships visit gghsalumni.org/scholarships. The application deadline is Friday, April 27, 2018.
• Attention Seniors! Please turn in all copies of your College Acceptance letters to the Guidance Office
. Principal Osborne needs the information for our school. This includes Community College as well as 4 year Universities and Trade/Technical schools. He will be highlighting your accomplishments at Graduation!
• All students are encouraged to visit our Guidance page on our Garden Grove High School website. www.gghs.us.
We have over 15 pages of scholarships available and information on how to apply. If you have any questions see the guidance office.
Garden Grove Unified School District would like to continue connecting with you via email. If you prefer to be removed from our list, please contact Garden Grove Unified School District directly. To stop receiving all email messages distributed through our SchoolMessenger service, follow this link and confirm: https://go.schoolmessenger.com/#/unsubscribe/4225/