GARDEN GROVE HIGH SCHOOL
Thursday, June 14, 2018
• The class of 2018 will be graduating on Thursday, June 14th at 1:30 pm in The Garden Grove High School’s Michael A. Monsoor Stadium. Graduation admittance is by ticket only. (See link "Graduation Notes for Students and Parents" under "News and Announcements" on GGHS.us homepage for details...)
• Thursday, June 14th: Minimum Day Schedule – Grades 9-11
Period 0 7:00 – 7:55
Period 2 8:00 – 9:20
Period 4 9:30 – 10:50
Period 6 11:00 – 12:20
• Friday, June 15th: Minimum Day Schedule – Grades 9-11
Period 1 8:00 – 9:20
Period 3 9:30 – 10:50
Period 5 11:00 – 12:20
• Argos, are you interested in playing sports during the summer? We’re now taking summer sport sign ups. It is $50.00 for each sport played. You may register in the athletic or main offices.
• Students who are signed up for AP Psychology for the 2018-2019 school year. Be sure to see Mrs. Bartolotti in room P23 for information regarding the summer assignments, or you can check out the information through her page on the school website. Thank you!
• All library books are now due. Please return them to the LMC as soon as possible. Unreturned items will result in notices and phone calls home.
• Garden Grove Students, Stay Safe and Speak Up! If you witness any type of bullying, vandalism, weapons, or violence on campus, you can confidentially report the incident immediately via text to 657-206-6173. The reporting line is also posted on campus and in your classrooms. The reporting line is confidential and all texts will be reviewed by an Administrator.
• GGHS is selling commemorative bricks. Bricks will be laid outside of Heritage Hall. The first bricks purchased will be placed at the foot of the stairs of our Heritage Hall which houses decades of GGHS memorabilia. You can find the order form on our website gghs.us and click on the brick icon on the top left corner of the page. This would be a great gift for a senior or a current or Alumni student.
• We encourage students to come to school prepared each day. However, if they forget an ACADEMIC item for one of their classes it may be dropped off in the Attendance Office by a family member. Please make sure the item is labeled with the student’s first and last name. Please make the student aware that they need to pick up the item during break, lunch, or in between classes. This policy is also noted on Page 6 in the Student Planner.
A MESSAGE FROM YOUR COUNSELOR…
• Attention Seniors! Please turn in all copies of your college acceptance letters to the Guidance Office. Principal Osborne needs the information for our school. This includes Community College as well as 4 year Universities and Trade/Technical schools.
• Register for the ACT online
The late deadline to register for the July 14th ACT is June 22nd.
• Work permits
- Federal and State Law requires minors between the ages of 14 and 18 to have a work permit to be employed. Please stop by the Guidance office for more information and to obtain an application for a work permit.
• All students are encouraged to visit our guidance page on our Garden Grove High School website www.gghs.us.
We have information on available scholarships and how to apply. If you have any questions see the Guidance Office.
Garden Grove Unified School District would like to continue connecting with you via email. If you prefer to be removed from our list, please contact Garden Grove Unified School District directly. To stop receiving all email messages distributed through our SchoolMessenger service, follow this link and confirm: https://go.schoolmessenger.com/#/unsubscribe/4225/